Information and tips on how to pack your possessions for moving in Houston.
Houston movers at Student Movers, Inc. deliver the top quality residential moving services, office moving services and commercial moving services that relieve individuals and families of a great deal of stress when planning for a move in Houston and during the actual process of completing a relocation in Texas. We office a variety of choices to the business owners, administrative managers, individuals and families we serve including affordable Houston moving services, packing services, unpacking services, shipping services, moving supplies and moving boxes to provide a general overview. Please call (713) 728-4900 today to discuss the details of your next move in Houston so that we can discuss the best options available to make your next move a smooth process!
This moving company website delivers information for proper packing techniques and ways that you can be helped with packing your many different material possessions in preparation for a move. Proper packing by a trained packer using specially designed cartons and materials is crucial to a good move. Schedule Houston packing services with the mover a day or two before the moving van or moving truck is loaded. If you are packing yourself, it is never too soon to start. While packing yourself may be the process that you are accustomed to, you will find if you use a packing service in Houston that your move becomes easier than you may have imagined it could be. At Student Movers, Inc., we enjoy providing you with the relief and relaxation in knowing that each item you own is safe and handled with care, arriving at your new destination in excellent condition, just as it left your old home in.
If you do hire a Houston packing service, you may want to be present when your goods are packed. An inventory of everything that is packed will be made and it is important to ensure you agree on the details of this list prior to signing the inventory. Make sure all copies are legible and all items are numbered. Have valuable items listed separately. This way everyone involved feels comfortable that you, the customer, will enjoy the benefits of complete customer satisfaction that Student Movers delivers. With our “A” rating from the Better Business Bureau, you can trust you are in good hands when using our Houston moving company for managing all of the details of your move in Houston.
Whether you are packing your own items for a move or using the reliable packing services in Houston provided by the experienced Student Movers professionals, we hope you will find the general packing guide tips below to be useful when considering the details of your next Texas move.
Preparation: The Key to a Smooth Houston Move
- Start collecting newspapers prior to your Texas move. (Use newspaper only on glazed, non-porous ceramics, glassware and metal objects. Do not use on porcelain to prevent damaging your fine items!)
- Go to the grocery store or other convenience shops and ask if they have any crates or boxes that you can use. Please note that if you useHouston moving companies such as Student Movers, Inc., you receive free, durable moving boxes with your move so that you don’t have to worry about gathering up boxes to plan for a move.
- If you do gather your own moving boxes together, make sure your boxes for moving are strong enough to support the weight of other boxes being stacked on top of them in the moving truck.
- Consider letting go of items you no longer need, use and will not need or use for the foreseeable future. If you haven’t worn an outfit in over 2 years you probably never will. If it’s really dusty, broken, or missing pieces, throw it out, donate it to a charity where it may be of good use to someone who will use the item, or have a garage sale to make a few extra dollars to pay for the price of a move.
Start Packing Yesterday
- Pack as much as you can as early as you can.
Think of what you use daily and weekly. Now start packing in the reverse order.
- Pack similar items together.
This way you avoid running around the entire house during the unpacking process.
- Tape all of the seams on your moving boxes.
This is part of helping to keep everything you pack secure during the process of a relocation in Houston. If your moving boxes are not sealed with tape, you run the risk of having everything fall out from one end of the moving box or another and damage is imminent.
- Distribute weight evenly amongst moving boxes.
Keep boxes under 50 lbs. each so that no strains are caused during the process of your Houston move and to help prevent anyone who is carrying your moving boxes to run out of energy much sooner than they otherwise would have.
- Don’t overstuff moving boxes.
While making sure to fully use the space in your moving boxes, be sure to include materials to keep the items inside safe and put extra on the top so that no weight is directly resting on any of the items in each box when they are stacked on top of one another in the Houston moving truck.
- Pack heavy items in small moving boxes.
Tape the bottoms of each box well and prevent any of your moving boxes from becoming too heavy by packing heavier items in smaller boxes for moving.
- Wrap Breakables.
Use newspaper, bubble wrap, clothes, or towels for Houston packing. You may also choose to pack with popcorn for moving. Call Student Movers to receive the moving supplies you need to make sure your items are safely packed and ready to move into your new house or for office moves.
Details Are Important!
- Label the moving boxes as you pack them with details regarding where they belong in your new home.
- Write FRAGILE in large type on boxes that contain breakables and valuables. Keep those boxes apart from the rest so they can be loaded during the appropriate times. You may want to leave lamps, china, artwork and other fragile items for professional movers to pack.
- Tape cords underneath all electrical appliances and remove all light bulbs from lamps.
- Tape will damage furniture, so avoid using it. Professional Houston movers use belted straps to close unruly doors and drawers. Try cotton package string if you must do it yourself.
- Cover furniture with blankets or towels to protect against nicks and scrapes during the process of the move in Houston.
- Wrap glasses and tumblers individually first with a sheet of tissue and than with normal paper. Store and transport them upright in a moving box padded with lots of bubble wrap or newspaper.
- Be sure to separate valuable items such as jewelry, coins, and camera equipment. Handle their transfer yourself. A safety deposit box can be purchased if you’re concerned about losing things.
- Collect all your important documents prior to the packing date (if you’re worried about them, put them somewhere safe or ask a relative to hold on to them until the move is complete.)
- Save space. Leave some clothes in your bureau or chest of drawers, but make sure it’s unlocked though (it may be necessary to open the drawers to get a better grip while moving.)
- Cover the corners of your paintings with several layers of cling film and wrap the whole lot in bubble wrap. Afterwards cover them with thick wrapping material and place it in a picture box.
Houston Student Movers!
HOUSTON MOVING QUOTE to contact our licensed professional Houston moving company.
When you need to move NOW! Call for same day service.
With 24 hour / 7 day a week quality Houston movers service.
When you are ready to move, We will be there.
Houston Student Movers
8630 Lipan Road
Houston, TX 77063
Email us at email@example.com
Houston Movers License DOT# 000556730B
For TXDOT rules and regulations call 1-800-299-1700
Related: Spring Branch Movers, Southeast Houston Movers, Shipping Information, SERVICES, Seabrook Movers