Information on how to pack items in Armoires for moving.
Armoires can be great packing for lightweight items like pillows, lamp shades, and even hanging clothes (if you use a tight tension rod inside). If you’re going to pack a lamp shade, be sure to pad it all around with lots of lightly wadded up blank newsprint or bubble wrap.
- Large padding or old blankets
How to pack:
- Remove all the contents from the shelves. Don’t try to ship your CDs, TV, cards and games, or other loose items inside the armoire – they’ll be jostled and probably damaged.
- If you have drawers, you can keep some items inside if they’re not too heavy. Wad up blank newsprint in the empty spaces and tape the drawers shut as it might ruin the finish.
- If you like, fill in empty spaces with lightweight items, like pillows and lampshades (properly padded with lightly wadded up blank newsprint or bubble wrap.) Several lampshades can be stacked together with blank newsprint in between.
- Close and lock your doors, if possible, or tie the handles together.
- Tie large padding or old blankets around the outside. All done!
Houston Student Movers!
HOUSTON MOVING QUOTE to contact our licensed professional Houston moving company.
When you need to move NOW! Call for same day service.
With 24 hour / 7 day a week quality Houston movers service.
When you are ready to move, We will be there.
Houston Student Movers
8630 Lipan Road
Houston, TX 77063
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Houston Movers License DOT# 000556730B
For TXDOT rules and regulations call 1-800-299-1700